Monday, October 11, 2010

"Scar"-y Stories to Tell in the Dark


Did you ever get a chance to read the Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark books when you were little?

Yeah, I did, too.

LOVED 'em. Scared the bejesus out of my impressionable young mind. I learned the word pinochle from the first book. Couldn't pronounce it properly until many years later, but ... that's neither here nor there.

Around 9 o'clock, on the night of the Ubergarden, we'll be heading out to our backyard to sit around a fire and tell stories. We'll start out by telling you a little bit about the idea of the 360 and then we'll get down to spinning yarns.

Spinning yards about what, RZ?

Why ... Scars, of course!

Scars?

Yup. Everybody's got 'em. I'll be sharing the story of how I got a scar on my knee by running into a metal bench at a professional tennis tournament in Indianapolis when I was fourteen. The blood, Mother! Oh, god, the blood.

If you're tuning in from outside of Chicago and would like to participate, here's a few ways to go about doing so ...

If you're on Twitter, start tweeting your story and use the #ubergarden hashtag.

You can email me your story at greyzeldatheatre@yahoo.com and someone will read it around the fire.

You can film yourself telling the story and we can put it up on the ol' bloggy blog the night of. Just email me (Rebecca) at greyzeldatheatre@yahoo.com.

So, 9 o'clock. The Scarring Hour.

Join us.

No comments: