Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Who am I, this Ubergarden?!?!

Since yesterday, I, “The Great and Fantastical Ubergarden” have had many questions as to what I actually am. Allow me to illuminate you all on the awesomeness that is about to descend upon you. As I believe you know, if you don’t, you should, October 16, 2010, beginning at 4:00 p.m., (CST), I hit the airways (or cyberways) via ustream, twitter and facebook. So…what am I?

I was created in a lab, which oddly enough resembles a dining room, as a way to reach friends, both afar and near, to raise funds for the incredible upcoming season of the GreyZelda Theatre Group. I am also the avenue being used, not that I mind at all, for which GreyZelda will officially announce their 2011 Theatre Season. I’m so excited, I could pee my metaphysical pants.

Let me break it down to "ya’ll" (that’s a word the GreyZelda crew seems to banter around quite a bit and I find, I like it!). “Uber” has many etymological origins , but was mainly brought into the forefront by the German philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche. In 1883, Nietzsche coined the term "Übermensch" to describe the higher state to which he felt men might aspire. BTW, he still owes me thirty Deutschmarks (or for you diehard Germans "Deutsche Mark") for a shipment of pickles….but bygones and all. “Uber” can be roughly pared down to a higher state. “Garden”, not to insult anyone, is a fertile ground where items are planted and grown.



In summary, the existence of me, the “Ubergarden”, is a higher state of cultivation where ideas can be planted, grown, nurtured and harvested.

Well, that’s all fine and dandy, but you won't tune in to see a furrowed plot of land, you are going to tune in as a witness to the ideas (and some are straight up crazy, ya'll) that these GreyZelda folks have planted and are growing.

We will be using the ustream program to go live and will be answering questions on the spot, involving viewers in game participation, and taking suggestions via “the twitter” online during the event. We have assigned a “Master of the Twitter”, you may refer to him as the “Mitter”, who will be corresponding with the viewing public.

Do not miss the Ubergarden, 10/16/2010, 4:00 p.m. (CST)…..I hear it’s going to be one hell of a ride.





Auf Wiedersehen until future updates.


The Ubergarden

No comments: