Friday, July 30, 2004

Sleazy or good marketing?

Hmmmmm. Lady Crow here. I'm in a state of mulling. I know this fellow female director who lifts people's email addresses from mass mailing in order to advertise her show. Is this sleazy to do? Or good advertising? For a small, new theatre company, it's just getting your information out there. And, if people don't like it then they can simply email and say, "Yo, take me off your list." But, on the other hand, it's like a telephone number. Would I mind if a theatre company called me to say, "Hey, here's our new show . . . check it out!" Nope, I wouldn't. It might be interesting to me. But, I could also see advertisements and reviews and be in the know about it that way. But is that too late?

Mull, mull, mull.

But, the show's going well. I'm really proud of it and the actors have fully committed performances. The music is lovely and I'm thinking the lights will be pretty damn cool. We won't know until we're in the space, of course.

We're performing the opening movement sequence at a Benefit for the Protesters heading to the Republican National Convention this Saturday, July 31st. It's going to be at the SpareRoom, located at the corner of North and Western, so check it out. There will be additional performances by Hedonists, Maybe and others. And a good time will be enjoyed by all, methinks.

OK, that's it. I'm just chillin' like a villain here in the pad on my day off.

Take care all,
Crow


No comments: