Friday, September 21, 2007

Five Strengths

Rob Kozlowski (thanks, Rob!) tagged me with the following meme so here I go.

"Make a list of five strengths that you possess as a writer/artist. It's not really bragging, it's an honest assessment (forced upon you by this darn meme). Please resist the urge to enumerate your weaknesses, or even mention them in contrast to each strong point you list. Tag four other writers or artists whom you'd like to see share their strengths."

1. I motivate my team and do my damndest to make everyone feel involved and a major part of the creation process.

2. I'm a Dynamo worker, according to m
onster.com. So, in a quick nutshell, that work mentality means I've got a lot of energy, I'm adventurous, I like to take risks. I like to lead and I don't expect others to keep up with me. I like to push the envelope. What's nice is ... Chris took this same test and he came out as a Dynamo, as well, so double the energy means double the fun. Which keeps us going and going and going and ...

3. I consider myself a life-long learner. Sometimes I'm right and sometimes I'm wrong, but I always want to learn from my experiences either way. I tend to shed my skin every six months and am constantly evolving ... I hope to continue my metamorphosis until I drop dead and then I'd like to start again, please. I like to ask questions and look at the world with a sense of wonder which helps me find the beauty in a lot of different types of things.

4. I believe in GreyZelda and the people who have worked with us. I'm loyal to a fault and will fight like a Mama Bear for what we're trying to do, if need be. It might leave me with sand in my eyes or egg on my face (and I always learn from my actions - see above), but if I feel that our beliefs (and that often means our fellow artists and their beliefs as well) are being fucked with, it makes me none too happy and I'll be a warrior for my theatre company and those in it.

5. I'm multifaceted and will help where I'm needed. I'm happy pulling curtains open and doing box office. I'm happy doing a walk on role. I'm happy directing. I'm happy putting up flyers. I'm happy to market and make the squeaky wheel phone calls and emails. I'm just happy to help in the world of theatre.

So, here's who I'm tagging: Lisa Wilson, Kristen Strezo, Dave Goss and Paula Pryce.





No comments: