Sunday, December 03, 2006

Thinking of resolves

Good eventide, Dear Readers -

I've been motivated today ... I don't know if it's the intense frigidity of this 18 degree weather or the bright sunshine on the snow or being under Kim's lights as she took pictures of me and my boy, Charlie ... but I'm feeling good. The sun's fallen to the west, but I'm still feeling good. Thank the gods, I'm feeling good.

We're sending out GreyZelda Holiday cards which I'm very excited about. Sarah Stec, as per usual, came up with a lovely design fitting into this year's brand campaign ... it's got your crow, it's got trees, it's got snowflakes ... it's sharp and it's coming to a mailbox near you ... which will be your mailbox. Send me your address, if I don't have it, to greyzeldatheatre@yahoo.com. I will write your address with the new silver sharpie I'm going to purchase for just this occasion. When we get the cards delivered here, I'll post Sarah's design, but, until then ... just know that it's awesome and I'm pleased with its grooviness. I'm going to send cards out to those who made life difficult for GZ this year ... because, in the end, those things have only helped to make us stronger.

I've read the plays proposed by company members, past and present ... there's one that I would be interested in pursuing, but to do it, I'd have to rip it apart as a puppy rips at your favorite pillow. It has to be deconstructed to work in the ways of GreyZelda. And, because it's written by an anarchist, you would think that would be acceptable. So, Lisa ... let's talk. I'll write you an email or call soon.

And, there's my little faerie play that's been in my back pocket for years ... there's this little Zelda flapper play that I might like to work on in an acting capacity ....

I'm getting headshots on Thursday taken by Michelle of Organic Headshots. Wish me luck! It's good to have updated headshots because you never know when you might need them. And, they're going to be color, for all you traditionalists out there. I like color.

GreyZelda always wins, as I said to someone very near and dear to me ... we took our own advice and will be maintaining its glory. There was some talk about changing the name to something very kick ass ... that may happen someday ... who knows ... but, for now, the little Grey Girl wins. And she's happy about it. I'm happy about it. Sir Mulch is happy about it. The other entity needs to win us over a little bit more before we make the move. He wasn't quite as charming as the morphing coquette.

2007's going to rock and roll in our own kind of way ... and I can't wait to grab a hold of it.

No comments: